Before the event
1. Where is the PRWF happening?
It will take place at Raffles Makati located at 1 Raffles Drive, Makati Avenue, Makati City.
2. How can I drive to the venue?
From EDSA Southbound, turn right onto Arnaiz Avenue. Head straight then turn right onto Makati Avenue, then turn right onto Palm Drive, and turn right into Raffles Drive.
From Gil Puyat Avenue / Ayala Avenue, turn right onto Makati Avenue, then turn left onto Palm Drive, and turn right into Raffles Drive.
3. How can I commute to the venue?
Via LRT/MRT: From LRT 1 or 2, transfer to the MRT. Take the MRT until the Ayala Avenue station. Walk past SM Makati, continuing onto Palm Drive, until reaching Raffles Makati.
Via jeepney: Take any jeepney that will pass by Makati Avenue. Get off at the Greenbelt 4 entrance (across Landmark Makati). Cross to the opposite side, head towards Palm Drive, and turn right onto Raffles Drive.
Via Grab / Angkas: Input ‘Raffles Makati’ as your drop-off point.
4. What time do the events start?
Most events will start at 10:00 AM and continue until 7:30 PM. You may see the full schedule here: bit.ly/PRWF2019Schedule. You may also download and print a copy for yourself, or get a copy at the venue during the event.
5. Do I need to RSVP?
You are encouraged to RSVP beforehand to get a QR Pass which will be used during the event proper. Just visit www.readersandwritersfestival.com/register.
During the event
6. Is admission free?
Yes, admission to all of the events at PRWF is completely FREE.
7. I RSVP-ed on the website and received a QR code. What is it for?
Your QR code is used to track your attendance at different events in the PRWF and the raffle entries you earn for the promo. Keep a copy of your QR Pass on your smartphone or tablet for it to be scanned at each event you attend.
8. How can I earn prizes for the raffle? What prizes can I win?
There are three ways you can earn raffle entries:
- Get one (1) entry when you check-in at the customer service area, with a maximum of 1 scan per day.
- Get one (1) entry for every event you attend, with a maximum of 4 scans per day.
- Get one (1) entry for every P200 single-receipt purchase at the event.
You can be one of three lucky winners of NBS Gift Cards worth P5,000, or one of 30 winners of a set of assorted signed books worth P1,000.
9. Are there discounts on books?
Yes, you can enjoy up to 20% off on imported books. There will also be discounts on other items, including graphic novels and fine writing instruments.
10. Do I need to buy the books at the Festival for the book signings?
Books by all of the participating authors will be available at the venue. However, you may still have books previously purchased from NBS, NBS Express, or Powerbooks branches and online on www.nationalbookstore.com signed.
11. I’m a student attending PRWF for school. Will I receive a certificate of participation / attendance?
You may request for one at the registration area.
12. How many people will be accommodated for each event? Can I reserve seats in advance?
No, seats are strictly on a first come, first served basis. The capacity for each event will depend on its location:
Buenavista – 40 guests
Namayan – 60 guests
Ballroom I – 220 guests
Ballroom II – 300 guests